Trouble searching on string values consistently

Aug 15, 2016 at 4:04 PM
I am playing with the supplied example and changed the query from using (x => x.Serial < 100) to querying against the CustomerName. I was not able to get this to work no matter what i tried, but I am able to query against the NoCase field. I am not sure what I am missing. Any suggestions on what to look for?
Coordinator
Aug 15, 2016 at 5:40 PM
If you are using the sample, CustomerName is defined as fulltext column so you can do:
var r = rdb.Query<SalesInvoiceViewRowSchema>(x => x.CustomerName = "betty -baker"); // contains words 'betty' and not 'baker'
Aug 15, 2016 at 6:31 PM
Unfortunately this is not the behavior I am getting. If I put in var result = rdb.Query<SalesInvoiceViewRowSchema>(x=>x.CustomerName=="joseph -jones"), it returns me everything in the database regardless of what is in the CustomerName field. If I try var result = rdb.Query<SalesInvoiceViewRowSchema>(x=>x.CustomerName=="Joseph Miller"), it will return 0 rows.
Coordinator
Aug 15, 2016 at 6:34 PM
Try deleting the view folder (when closed), so it will rebuild on restart.
Aug 15, 2016 at 7:45 PM
I have tried this and rebuilding the dlls, but nothing seems to change the behavior. I even changed it from a FullTextColumns.Add to a CaseInsensitiveColumns.Add in the hopes that it would change something, but it did not.